The Art of Teaching is a multi-day, 10-hour course (9 hours face-to-face and 1 hour online) and is required by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for all teachers who are new to the adult education field. In this course, you will explore the latest research and promising practices of evidence-based teaching while reflecting on your own craft. Topics include adult learning and development theories, curriculum and planning, formative and summative assessments, and high-quality, engaging, coherent instruction.
Prior to taking The Art of Teaching, you must complete Overview of the Field. However, you may register for The Art of Teaching before completing Overview of the Field.
The Fall 2017 schedule for The Art of Teaching is as follows:
- Cambridge: October 13 and 27
- Lawrence: October 17, 24, and November 7
- Holyoke: October 20 and November 3
- Fall River: October 21 and November 4
- Worcester: October 28 and November 18
- Quincy: November 18 and December 2
Click on a location for registration information and other logistical details.