Heading to the Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education (MCAE) NETWORK Conference on May 12, 2017? Join SABES at the following workshops:
Session 1: 8:30 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
- Changing How Problems Are Presented with Connie Rivera, Training and Curriculum Development Specialist, SABES PD Center for Mathematics and Adult Numeracy
- Strengthening Reading Instruction at all Levels Using Evidence-Based Reading Instruction (EBRI) with Jane Schwerdtfeger, ACLS Curriculum Specialist, Adult and Community Learning Services, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and Merilee Freeman, Director, SABES PD Center for English Language Arts, and STAR Coordinator
- Advisor Palooza – Statewide Sharing Group with Sandy Goodman, Director of SABES PD Center for Education and Career Planning, World Education, Inc.; and SABES Advisor Sharing Group Facilitators: Leslie Baker, Webster Adult Education; Joselyn Marte, Lawrence Public Schools; Shinobu Ando, Asian American Civic Association; Stacie Fehrm, The Literacy Program at the Plymouth Public Library; and Sarah Carbone, Springfield Technical Community College (STCC)
- Linking Geometry to Algebraic Reasoning with Sarah Lonberg-Lew, Training and Curriculum Development Specialist, SABES PD Center for Mathematics and Adult Numeracy
Session 2: 10:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Interactive-ate! Using Mobile Apps to Engage Your Students with Chris Bourret, Academic Program Specialist, SABES PD Center for ABE Distance Learning, and Technology Support Consultant, RI Family Literacy Initiative, Providence Public Library
Session 3: 1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Key Concepts in Proportional Reasoning with Melissa Braaten, Training and Curriculum Development Consultant, SABES PD Center for Mathematics and Adult Numeracy
- Developing Close Reading of Complex Texts with John Strucker, EdD, Researcher/Consultant, SABES and EDC
- Integrating Digital Literacy Using “Backward Design” with Wyvonne Stevens-Carter, Program Specialist and Digital Literacy Coordinator, Adult and Community Learning Services, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and Eunice Snay, Manager, SABES PD Center for Distance Learning and Technology Support
Session 4: 3:15 p.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Social Studies Off the Page with Lakshmi Nayak, Coordinator, SABES PD Center for ELA