First 2019 NELRC Webinar: Building a Teacher Pipeline
Jan. 11, 1:00‐2:00 (Registration link)
The field is facing a wave of staff retirements and the on‐going challenge of teacher retention. Many programs are also committed to building a staff that reflects the diversity of their students. Hear how two programs – one primarily ABE and college prep, the other primarily ESOL at all levels – are nurturing teacher pathways for their graduates, moving them from volunteers all the way up to certified teachers.
- Don Sands and Manny Knaggs, X‐Cel Education
- Kevin O’Connor and Luby da Silva, Framingham Adult ESL Plus
The New England Literacy Resource Center (NELRC) offerings this year reflect the priorities set by the NELRC board and requests for:
- Topics related to changes in the field (for instructors and administrators)
- Highlighting of existing NELRC resources (rather than creating new ones)
- Engagement through flipped learning activities (pre-webinar assignments)
List of FY19 NELRC Offerings
Click on the NELRC FY19 PD Events link below for a list of the PD offerings by theme, followed by a chronological listing with blurbs, pre-webinar activities, and registration links. These offerings will also be posted to a new page, https://nelrc.org/PD, coming soon.
Learn more about NELRC at nelrc.org