Have you wondered how to implement formative assessment effectively with your students? Or, are you looking to increase your TABE (Test for Adult Assessment), MAPT (Massachusetts Adult Proficiency Test), and Basic English Skills Test (BEST) Plus administration skills and certifications? Then check out these trainings from the SABES PD Center for Massachusetts ABE Assessments!
Using Formative Assessment in Standards-Based Instruction: Part 1 (Online): February 8, 2018
- This new two-part training on formative assessment, developed by the Director of the New England Literacy Resource Center, prepares you to create and use formative assessments as part of your daily standards-based instruction.
Using Formative Assessment in ESOL Standards-Based Instruction: Part 2 (Worcester): March 2, 2018
- Part 2 of this content-based training, facilitated by ESOL content expert Laura Porter, focuses on applying what you learned in Part 1 about standards-based formative assessment to your own ESOL lessons. In this session, you will use a guiding process to create formative assessments that address both the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE) and your own lesson objectives.
Using Formative Assessment in Math Standards-Based Instruction: Part 2 (Worcester): March 9, 2018
- Part 2 of this content-based training, facilitated by math content expert Sarah Lonberg-Lew, focuses on applying what you learned in Part 1 about standards-based formative assessment to your own math lessons.
Using Formative Assessment in Reading Standards-Based Instruction: Part 2 (Worcester): March 14, 2018
- Part 2 of this content-based training, facilitated by reading content expert Joan Schottenfeld, focuses on applying what you learned in Part 1 about standards-based formative assessment to your own English language arts lessons.
BEST Plus 2.0 Computer-Adapted Test Administrator Training (Fall River): March 10, 2018
- The Basic English Skills Test (BEST) Plus 2.0 six and one half hour training is the first of three steps to become certified to administer the BEST Plus 2.0 test.
MAPT Administration Training (Online): March 1, 2018 and April 1, 2018
- In this online training, you will learn how to accurately administer both the reading and mathematics assessments of the Massachusetts Adult Proficiency Test (MAPT) so that students’ learning gains are reported accurately.
TABE CLAS-E Writing Scoring Assessment Training (Fall River): January 23, 2018
- The TABE Complete Language Assessment System–English (CLAS-E) Writing Scoring Assessment training is the second training in the process to become certified to score the TABE CLAS-E Writing Expository test. Before attending this training, you need to have attended the TABE CLAS-E Reading and Writing Administration training or be previously certified to administer the TABE CLAS-E Writing test.
TABE CLAS-E Consolidated Reading and Writing Administration Assessment Training (Worcester): April 11, 2018
- This offering will train practitioners to administer and score the TABE CLAS-E Interview and Locator test, administer and score the TABE CLAS-E Reading test (upon completion of an open book test), and administer (but not score) the two TABE CLAS-E Writing components.