Spring is a great time to continue planting the seeds for successful integration of digital literacy within all areas of your program. As the program leader, modeling integration and supporting instructional staff as they endeavor to do the same is a big job. It is easy to lose sight of the fact that digital literacy makes day-to-day life easier—at school, at home, at work, and even during our leisure time. Improving adult education students’ digital literacy is especially important because of WIOA.
As the instructional leader, your responsibility is to ensure that effective and engaging student learning takes place in each and every classroom. Digital literacy is a critical element of that goal.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Directors who want to learn more about integrating digital literacy and incorporating technologies to improve communication, collaboration, and productivity in their programs
Join us for our two-session online offering, The Tech Savvy Administrator. During Webinar 1, you’ll get a framework for digital literacy integration and learn about additional tools to guide your program into 21st century technology usage. Between webinar sessions, you will implement new technology tools into your program processes, with support provided by experts during virtual office hours. In Webinar 2, you will network with colleagues and share your implementation successes and challenges.
- Webinar 1: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:30p.m.–5:30p.m.
- May 31–June 12, 2018: Virtual office hours with the experts, hours TBD
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:30p.m.–5:30p.m.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Explain at least three technology tools that support collaboration and communication and can also be used by teachers in their classrooms
- Develop a plan to implement up to three technology tools in your program to support collaboration and communication and to improve your program's productivity
- Identify the implementation best practices for digital literacy integration in ABE classrooms that will best fit your program