Educators know that teachers are a program's most essential strength. As the instructional leader at your program do you...
- Provide observation feedback to teachers, but it doesn't change their craft?
- Hesitate to provide observation feedback because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings?
- Want to learn how to provide differentiated feedback and support to nurture new to skillful teachers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, and you want to improve the effectiveness of your program's teaching, then Building Teacher's Capacity for Success is a must for you!
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Directors and leadership team members
This 12 hour course will provide you with proven strategies for supporting teachers. Two important tools will be introduced, The Reflective Cycle and The Continuum of Self-Reflection, for supporting novice through skillful ABE teachers. The Continuum of Self-Reflection is an innovative tool to help you provide differentiated growth-oriented feedback to support all teachers' skill levels.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at World Education, 44 Farnsworth St., Boston, MA
A 1.5 hour webinar will be held on Monday, March 6, 2017 and Wednesday, March 15, 2017 from 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Please use the links provided to register for the webinar that works best for you.
Webinar #1 - Monday, March 6, 2017 http://www.sabes.org/event/2651
Webinar #2 - Thursday, March 15, 2017 http://www.sabes.org/event/2661
Day 2: Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Central MA Workforce Investment Board, 340 Main St., Suite 400, Worcester, MA
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Articulate how to build the capacity of all teachers through the development of reflective practices
- Utilize two instructional support tools: The Reflective Cycle and The Continuum of Self-Reflection
- Explain how observation and meaningful feedback supports student growth, teacher growth, and school initiatives
Directors and leadership team members who have supervisory experience or those who have successfully completed the three courses in the instructional leadership series offered by the SABES PD Center for Educational Leadership and Strengthening ABE Programs.