The SMARTT New User online course is a self-paced, moderated training designed to give you a hands-on experience using SMARTT. It trains SMARTT data entry staff to navigate and do key forms of data entry in the system. All participants who complete this training will be certified.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Staff members who are from Massachusetts programs funded by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE). Two staff members from each program are required to complete this training.
SMARTT only works with Internet Explorer. IE11 is recommended because it is the safest. The main setting adjustment for IE11 is to add “doemass.org” to the list of sites in “Compatibility View Settings,” located in the Tools menu. Please consult smartthelp.zendesk.com for a tutorial on other setting adjustments.
A monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater is required. SMARTT screens are designed for monitors with at least this minimum resolution. In IE11, make sure the “Zoom” level is set to 100%.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purposes and uses of SMARTT for accountability and program management
- Identify SMARTT features and terminology and navigate through the various sections of SMARTT
- Perform basic data entry functions, such as adding students; adding and entering goals, assessments, and follow up; enrolling students in classes and entering attendance; exiting students from class and site; and adding data into the professional development module
- Access the online SMARTT manual, SMARTT updates via the ACLS monthly mailings and the SMARTT FAQs on the SABES website
- Obtain SMARTT technical assistance from SABES Tech Support and subscribe to the SMARTT listserv