This series introduces the three key shifts in the College and Career Readiness Standards for Mathematics (CCR Standards for Math): focus, coherence, and rigor. No prior knowledge of the instructional shifts and the CCR Standards are required.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Any practitioner, teacher, or director interested in exploring the key instructional shifts in the CCR Standards for Math. No prior math background is needed.
This two-part webinar series introduces the three instructional shifts—focus, coherence, and rigor—described in the CCR Standards for Math. Facilitators will use concrete math examples to explain and illustrate each shift. You will have frequent opportunities to interact through polls and to contribute to the discussion using the chat feature.
- The first webinar on Focus and Coherence is Friday, June 2 from 12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
- The second webinar on Rigor is Friday, June 9 from 12:00p.m.–1:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Explain what the instructional shifts are for the CCR Standards for Math
- Provide examples of what each instructional shift looks like in action in the classroom
- Distinguish between teaching for procedures and teaching for conceptual understanding