This webinar series will offer tools, strategies, and a framework for defining, assessing, and creating a program culture that supports student success—in particular, the seamless integration of technology and distance learning education.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Both new and experienced adult education program directors
Is your program's culture the best it can be? Is it positive, forward-looking, and guided first and foremost by what's best for your learners? Are technology, continuous learning, and high expectations for all integral components of your program culture?
Regardless of where your school culture is now, you can make it better. Drawing from decades of research on organizational cultures and school leadership, this webinar series will provide tools for strengthening your program culture, including:
- A framework for pinpointing the type of culture you have, the type that you want, and the actions you need to take to bridge the two
- "Culture busting" strategies to help teachers adopt positive attitudes, outlooks, and behaviors
- Instructions on how to create or reinvigorate your program culture to enrich your program and help learners reach their goals
Webinar attendees will also receive a copy of School Culture Recharged: Strategies to Energize Your Staff and Culture.
- Webinar 1: Tuesday, October 4, 2017, 12:30–2 p.m.
- Webinar 2: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 12:30–2 p.m.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between program culture and program climate
- Use the tools provided to assess your program culture
- List three strategies that you will use to enhance or reinvigorate your program culture to better support student learning