This two-part workshop focuses on effective techniques and strategies for teaching pronunciation in the ESOL classroom and on best practices for correcting students’ pronunciation errors.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Teachers of adult English language learners who would like to expand their repertoire of pronunciation teaching techniques
In the face-to-face session, you will:
- Explore various ways to seamlessly integrate pronunciation instruction into the content of your classroom
- Learn new activities and games that support explicit pronunciation instruction
- Determine what aspects of pronunciation to teach and which pronunciation features should may be taught at each level
- Discuss best practices in correcting students’ pronunciation errors
Approximately one month after this session, the workshop presenter will facilitate a one-hour follow-up webinar to support you in applying what you’ve learned. Your participation in this webinar is expected.
- Face-to-Face Session: April 6, 2018, 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Webinar: April 27, 2018 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact Dori McCormack (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We recommend that participants take the workshop The Components of Language before taking this workshop.