The BEST Plus 2.0 six-and-one-half-hour training is the first of three steps to become certified to administer the BEST Plus 2.0 test.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- ACLS funded practitioners who need to be trained as BEST Plus 2.0 test administrators. Must be fluent in English (SPL 9 or above), have good computer skills, and have experience and comfort interacting with non-native English speakers.
The BEST Plus 2.0 six-and-one-half-hour training training is the first step in the process to become certified to administer the BEST Plus 2.0 test. Within three weeks following the training, the following two steps must be completed.
- Trainees must practice administering the Test with a minimum of five non-native speakers plus five other individuals that may include non-native speakers. These practice tests may not be administered to students who use the BEST Plus 2.0 to show gain. To access these tests, trainees must use software provided by their program site.
- Trainees must complete a scoring activity using software provided by their program site.
You are encouraged to speak with your program director or ESOL coordinator prior to registering.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of standardized assessment
- Recognize the importance of assessing students' language abilities
- Administer and score the Best Plus 2.0 computer-adaptive oral interview
- Run the Best Plus 2.0 Test Administration Program
- Interpret Best Plus 2.0 scores
- English fluency level of SPL 9 or above
- Experience and comfort interacting with non-native English speakers
- Basic comfort level with computers