SABES has a Workforce Development Coordinator in each of the five SABES regions of Massachusetts, plus a statewide Workforce Development Coordinator based in Boston, to support adult literacy programs in their efforts to become more involved in workforce development. The staff works to educate workforce development agencies and programs about ABE and how to utilize their expertise in developing sound educational programs and practices, and in designing workplace education programs, hiring students from ABE programs, and improving the literacy of the current and future workforce.
The SABES Workforce Development Coordinators are:
- SABES Boston/ALRI: Laurie Sheridan, 617-287-4077, lauren.sheridan (at) umb.edu
- SABES Boston/ALRI: John Zhang, 617-287-4076, john.zhang (at) umb.edu
- SABES Central: Anne Goff, 508-751-7937, agoff (at) qcc.mass.edu
- SABES Northeast: [open]
- SABES Southeast: Kathleen Howell, 508-678-2811, x2385, khowell (at) bristolcc.edu
- SABES West: Dori McCormack, 413-552-2393, dmccormack (at) hcc.mass.edu