Following are resources related to creating and adapting ELA curricula for adult learners.
Connections (to subjects such as science, social studies, civics, and study skills
Standards—including the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE) and the MA Professional Standards for Teachers of Adult Education
- EdGlossary definition of curriculum
- ACLS Curriculum Policy update
- ACLS templates (optional) and resources
- Introduction to the Understanding by Design Framework
- What Is Backward Design?
- Article by Donna Curry: "Developing Instructional Units: Applying What Students Learn," Fall 2015 (NOTE: While written for math teachers, this article's advice on writing goal statements, and on designing units that are both standards-based and contextualized for meaning and application of learning, is highly applicable to ELA.)
- Scope and Sequence General Feedback for ELA (Fall 2015)
- The College and Career Readiness and Success Organizer
- Integrating Technology in WIOA and Digital Literacy Resources
- "What I Use in My Classroom": Personal recommendations regarding tools and resources to improve student and teacher performance, from the experienced educators in Student Achievement Partners’ K-12 Core Advocate Network
SABES Is Here For You