EBRI PD in 2021-22
Learn how to support your students at all grade level equivalents (GLEs) with Evidence-Based Reading Instruction (EBRI) tools and strategies through the following PD opportunities. Need the big picture? Read To the Point: WIOA, EBRI, and STAR. Want some details? Read more about EBRI.
* * * * *
STAR PD—For practitioners teaching or supporting a STAR class (targeted to GLE 4–8)
STAR training takes place over several months and includes self-paced online modules, live webinars, and an online community of practice. Participation in STAR includes coaching and technical assistance. STAR registrants who are only teaching GLE 4–8 do not need to enroll in other EBRI PD.
- Details on STAR training for FY22
* * * * *
For those teaching outside of the STAR GLE range, or for STAR-trained practitioners who wish to extend their range to other GLEs, the following PD is available.
EBRI PD for practitioners of ALL LEVELS:
- Overview of EBRI (Online self-paced pre-recorded webinar; prerequisite for other EBRI PD)—Repeats monthly; see ELA Events for monthly registrations
- Diagnostic Assessments of Reading (Online blended; prerequisite for other EBRI PD)—Will be offered in the Fall and the Spring
- Remotely Administer Diagnostic Reading Assessments (Online facilitated; for those who have already completed Diagnostic Assessments of Reading with Dr. John Strucker, or completed STAR training)
- Alphabetics (Online self-paced)
- Fluency (Online facilitated)
Intermediate to Advanced Readers:
- Words Matter! Teaching Academic Vocabulary In Person or Online–November (Online facilitated)
- Teaching Content Vocabulary: Tier 3 Words (Online facilitated)
- Reading Comprehension in the ASE Classroom (Online facilitated)
* * * * *
EBRI Coaching: Ask the ELA C&I PD Center about working with an EBRI coach for post-PD implementation support.