Note: This session is now at capacity, but please email us (Luanne_teller@worlded.org) if you are interested. We can put you on a waitlist and notify you if we repeat this offering.
In this new era of accountability and challenge, do you believe that you are first and foremost accountable to the adult learners in your program? Are you looking for innovative ways to accelerate their learning, promote successful outcomes, and better support their planning and transitions to next steps? Do you strive to maximize the effectiveness of the time that your teachers and learners spend in your program?
ACLS policy asks programs to “engage in a continuous improvement planning process that involves all stakeholders”, and IPQ 8 guides programs to “engage in a continuous improvement planning process with the goal of improving student outcomes.”
The Planning for Continuous Improvement (PCI) PD is designed to help program directors convene and lead an inclusive planning team to effectively implement an ongoing, cyclical continuous improvement process informed by data that strengthens instruction, learning, and student outcomes.
Please note: We have modified this face-to-face PD series to be delivered online. We have worked hard to streamline the content without sacrificing the time needed to address key concepts. We will provide breaks and integrate small group discussions throughout each of the sessions to make the time online manageable.
- Both novice and experienced program directors, as well as members of their teams they designate, who wish to engage in an inclusive continuous improvement planning process that accelerates students’ learning and outcomes
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This multi-session PD event is comprised of three initial PD sessions, in between which you will develop and implement a continuous improvement team, process, and plan in your program. In this first session, you will be introduced to the continuous improvement planning cycle and the theory of change. You will work with tools and develop a plan for convening an inclusive team that will effectively support your process and goals based on your individual program context.
You will benefit from networking and shared learning across programs throughout this process. In addition to customized coaching from SABES presenters to support your individual program goals and needs, you will give and receive feedback from peer partners. Each program will share its final plan, progress, accomplishments, and reflections with colleagues at a fourth and final PCI Summit networking session in FY22.
The PCI PD is designed to be of adequate intensity and duration to promote meaningful program change. Program directors are expected to attend all sessions and complete this PD in its entirety. You are encouraged to include additional members of your planning team throughout the PD and coaching process. You will only register once via the calendar for this first session, which will automatically register you for all other PCI sessions.
Schedule: Please see the attachment at the end of the calendar posting for more details and descriptions for each session.
- Preparing to Plan: March 2: 9:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Leading with Data for Continuous Improvement: March 30: 9:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Developing a Continuous Improvement Plan: April 27: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- PCI Summit (FY 22): Reflecting on the Planning Process and Plan: November, 2021, date TBD by the group. Fingers crossed, perhaps in person!
- Identify the five pre-planning steps
- Describe at least three ways to make a planning process inclusive
- Be fully prepared to apply the five pre-planning steps within your program
- Develop a time line and assign lead responsibility for each step of the planning process
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: