Never delivered an ESOL class in Zoom? Need a refresher of the basic tools? In this 2 hour online session, you will learn the basic tools necessary to deliver classes in Zoom, including setting and and hosting meetings, managing communication, and share a screen within a class.
Please note: You will access Zoom and other support materials via Blackboard. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College with instructions on how to access the course. You cannot access the online course from the SABES website.
- ESOL teachers with little or no experience using Zoom
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
In this session held through Zoom, teachers will learn the essential elements necessary to deliver a class using the Zoom teleconference platform. Your presenter will provide an overview of several tools necessary to begin delivering a successful online class:
- Steps to setup and host a meeting: Create a meeting link with recommended settings, and invite students to participate by computer, hand-held device, or phone call-in
- Communication tools: Management of microphones and instructions tips for students to raise virtual hands or chat in the meeting
- Screen sharing: Projection of a Google document, PowerPoint, or other open page
- Classroom management: Record a session, private chat, manage reactions
- Setup a Zoom meeting and invite students to participate
- Understand what learners see in the Zoom mobile app
- Direct students to use microphones, public and private chatrooms, and virtual hands
- Share screens in Zoom to show an agenda and use a whiteboard to take notes or draw pictures in a dicsussion
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: