Within this PDF, you will find links to valuable tips about ESOL teaching best practices by viewing these videos created by the SABES ESOL PD Center...
Fall is upon us and the SABES ESOL C&I PD Center is happy to welcome you back to school! We continue to develop and deliver high-quality professional development opportunities to support your instructional practices in the remote, blended, or face-to-face environment.
Please check the SABES calendar and the ESOL Resources pages regularly as courses and resources are being added and updated often.
Fully online courses currently on the calendar include:
- The Professional Adult Educator
- WhatsApp Roundtable
- Integrating Skills for the Academic and Professional Success of Advanced English Learners
Along with what you will find on the SABES calendar, the following online courses will be coming soon:
- Zoom Roundtable – Come hear colleagues discuss their Zoom successes, challenges, and best practices in an informal roundtable setting
- Google Drive/Docs/Forms Roundtable- Listen to your peers as they share their uses for these invaluable tools in the remote environment
- Zoom Mobile – Experience the Zoom mobile app with this hands-on course
- And more on Google Docs and Forms, WhatsApp, Differentiated Instruction!
And don’t forget about the many resources found in the ESOL resources including:
- Videos and supporting materials on using WhatsApp and Quizlet for ESOL Learners (excerpted from our Going Mobile PD)
- Overview of MA ELPS - 3 video series
- Instructional Videos - 4 in all!
- COMING SOON: Self-paced resources which will include recordings and supporting materials from recent Google Docs, Forms, WhatsApp, and Zoom courses
- COMING SOON: Remote Instruction Demonstration Videos – brief best practices selections from your colleagues
If you are looking for a particular topic that you do not see here—or is currently full—please contact Dori McCormack, ESOL C&I PD Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to meet your needs.
We are thinking of you all and wishing you good health.
—The ESOL PD Center Team
ESOL: Upcoming Events
In this two-hour Zoom session, participants learn first-hand how to transfer close reading instruction, as well as paired and jigsaw...
Hoonuit is a collection of hundreds of free video tutorials for educators, some of which might be especially handy during...
In this two-hour Zoom session, participants learn how to transfer effective in-person writing instruction to the virtual classroom. This session...
Excerpted from the mobile instructional tools series Going Mobile brought to you by the ESOL C&I PD Center, the video introduces you to WhatsApp...
Excerpted from a webinar in our Going Mobile series which highlights mobile applications for ESOL instruction, this video introduces Quizlet and many...