The SABES PD Center for English Language Arts (ELA) is based at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Massachusetts. Our center provides high-quality professional development (PD) and support for adult education programs throughout Massachusetts on topics related to ELA instruction, curriculum, and standards, including evidence-based reading instruction (EBRI) and Student Achievement in Reading (STAR). Learn about what we offer by exploring the following:
- PD: Search for scheduled PD opportunities through the Calendar.
- Resources: Preview some of the many ELA resources available in the online Resource Library by viewing our online tour. Recently posted resources appear on this page under ELA: Resources, Research, and Curriculum. Find resources by using the search box located at the top of this page, by selecting the Resource Library link at the top of this page, or by going directly to one of our curated collection pages:
- News: Check for news under ELA: What’s New, and select Sign Up for Notifications to arrange for email alerts about newly posted news, resources, and PD opportunities.
- Our blog: Reflect & Connect: The Reflective Practitioner is written by practitioners in the field and members of our team.
- Contact us: Would you like to work with an ELA coach, bring ELA PD to your program, suggest a resource, or ask a question? We’re here! Contact the director of the SABES PD Center for ELA, Merilee Freeman, at 508-854-4296 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or select the purple “Contact this PD Center” button below.