The SABES professional development center for English Language Arts Curriculum and Instruction (aka ELA C&I PD Center) is based at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Massachusetts. Our center provides high-quality professional development (PD) and support for adult education programs throughout Massachusetts on topics related to ELA instruction, curriculum, and standards, including evidence-based reading instruction (EBRI) and Student Achievement in Reading (STAR).
Learn about what we offer by exploring the following:
- PD: Search for scheduled PD opportunities through the Calendar.
- Resources: Recently posted resources appear below on this page under ELA: Resources, Research, and Curriculum. Find resources by using the search box located at the top of this page, by selecting the Resource Library link at the top of this page, or by going directly to one of our curated collection pages:
- News: Check for news under ELA: What’s New, and select Sign Up for Notifications to arrange for email alerts about newly posted news, resources, and PD opportunities.
- Blog: Reflect & Connect: The Reflective Practitioner is written by practitioners in the field and members of our team.
Contact Merilee Freeman, Director, to request an ELA coach, bring ELA PD to your program, suggest a resource, or ask a question:
- or select the purple “Contact this PD Center” button below