As part of the Program Support PD Center’s ongoing support of programs that work with volunteers, this session will look at the role of volunteers in programs and how to use them effectively during this time of remote learning.
- Program directors, volunteer coordinators, and other adult educators interested in learning more about incorporating volunteers into their work
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
The first part of this group meeting will be a presentation and discussion on effectively using volunteers in adult education programs during this time of remote learning. In addition to the traditional uses of volunteers (classroom assistants, one-on-one tutors), we will look at:
- How to effectively work with volunteers who are not comfortable with technology
- Ways to incorporate volunteers into the remote program in non-teaching/learning roles
- How programs can make volunteers comfortable in the remote world
- New roles for volunteers that have emerged since programs became remote
We will review parts of a video from the EdTech Center at World Education related to this topic and use that as a springboard for discussion.
The last half hour will be general sharing and discussion about issues that are of specific interest to Volunteer Coordinators; however, everyone is welcome to stay for the entire session.
We will be meeting via Zoom, and Ruzica Banovic will send you information and the link for joining online a few days prior to the meeting.