As educators, we know that there is never enough time in the school year to search for and review new technology, but the SABES PD Center for Distance Learning (DL) and Technology Support is here to help. Every quarter, we will showcase tech tutorials from Atomic Learning for you to try in your classroom. Atomic Learning is an online training resource that houses hundreds of free professional development (PD) video tutorials for educators.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Both instructional and non-instructional program staff who are seeking technological tools to impact student learning, further encourage digital literacy integration, and improve overall program operations
This quarter’s Atomic Learning tutorials are:
- Tech for Students with Dysgraphia: This focuses on research-based strategies to support students with dysgraphia, and outlines multiple technologies that can be used in the classroom to support these students.
- Ten Easy Ways to Integrate Technology in the Classroom: This online tutorial series offers 10 simple ways to use different types of technology in your classroom. The programs highlighted are easy to use and will help you introduce some new, engaging elements to your students.
- BYOD - QuickStart Training: In this short tutorial series, you’ll explore quick ideas for using mobile devices within your existing lesson plans. It doesn’t matter what devices your students are bringing—if they have an Internet connection, you’re in business!
- Integrating the Four Cs Into Your Classroom: This module explores how technology can be used to foster the 21st century skills of collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity—the Four Cs. Note: Although this module highlights a few specific technologies, there are hundreds more that you can use for the same purpose!
- YouTube for Educators: Millions of people use YouTube™ to view, upload, and share all kinds of videos, on such topics as current events, technology, science, music, and comedy. YouTube is also a forum for people to “connect, inform, and inspire others.” This tutorial shares how to use YouTube and how it can be an effective tool for incorporating the use of videos in your classroom.
These tutorials run from January 1 to March 31, 2018.
You will receive one PD hour to complete each tutorial in Atomic Learning and by sharing your experience on the discussion board. If you choose to take all four tutorials and share your experience for each one on the discussion board you can earn four PD’s hours.
Please note: Registration is ongoing. You cannot access these online courses from the SABES website. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College with instructions on how to access your chosen course. If you do not already have an account on Blackboard, please allow five days for your account to be created.
If you have any questions, please contact Pam Dempsey-O’Connell, Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Assessment, at 508-854-4238 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Identify one or two technological tools to help you integrate digital literacy into your adult education program or classroom
- Describe your experience with the use of these new tools and their impact on student learning and/or program operations