The SABES PD Center for Mathematics and Adult Numeracy is managed by the Adult Numeracy Center at TERC, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Our center provides high-quality professional development (PD) so that teachers can better help adult learners understand how math is present and relevant in everyday life, and how learners can use this knowledge to improve their own lives and communities. Check out the following to find out more about what we offer:
- PD: The SABES Calendar shows our upcoming PD events, and you can read brief descriptions of all our PD offerings here.
- Resources: Recently posted resources appear on this page under Math: Resources, Research, and Curriculum. Find resources by using the search box located at the top of this page, by selecting the Resource Library link at the top of this page, or by going directly to one of our curated collection pages:
- News: Check for news under Math: What’s New, and select Sign Up for Notifications to arrange for email alerts about newly posted news, resources, and PD opportunities.
- Our blog: Check out the monthly blogs, written by our team and by teachers who have worked with our PD Center.
- Contact us: Would you like to bring math PD to your program, suggest a resource, or ask a question? We’re here! Contact our director, Donna Curry, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or select the purple “Contact This PD Center” button below.
Sometimes we teach the same math material over and over and just don't feel that students are getting it. For example, many students struggle with fractions. Why is that? What can we do differently? Our Center can help make sure you have the right tools and support to succeed, including our Making Sense of Fractions course. Watch this short video to get a flavor of the course.