Curriculum resources gathered by the SABES PD Center for Mathematics and Adult Numeracy:
- Building a Curriculum (video). What exactly is a curriculum, and how do we create one for our program? This brief video defines what a curriculum is and how having one in place helps us as teachers.
- Developing Instructional Units: Applying What Students Learn. This document is based on a presentation at the 2015 Fall Curriculum Conference, where practitioners explored two methods of building more contextualized instructional units.
- Sample Instructional Unit: Fractions-Decimals-Percents Benchmarks. This sample unit is designed to build and deepen students’ understanding of common benchmark fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Sample Instructional Unit: Ratio and Proportion. This sample unit for Level B students focuses on an understanding of ratios in order to correctly mix medication.
- Sample Instructional Unit: Area and Perimeter. This sample unit unit for Level A students focuses on students' understanding of area and perimeter in order to compare apartments.
Mathematics and Adult Numeracy