Texts that adult learners read for instruction should be at an appropriately complex level and relate to the unit topic. Care should also be taken to ensure that the presentation of the text, even if oriented towards children (e.g., through pictures, language) can still speak directly to adults without condescension.
Find Leveled Readings at:
- Common Core State Standards Appendix B (K-12; may still be useful)
- CommonLit library of resources
- The Change Agent (free to state-funded programs in New England)
- Digital Public Library of America Primary Source Sets
- LINCS Learner Center (Learn to Read section)
- Reading Skills for Today's Adults
- News For You (costs $)
See additional sources for texts at ELA Connections.
|SABES ELA Curriculum Hub|
|SABES CCRSAE-ELA Hub|
|SABES ELA Home Page|
SABES English Language Arts Curriculum & Instruction PD Center