Are you wondering about resources for teaching ELA remotely, or incorporating online elements into your face-to-face classes?
Highlights of the ELA distance learning resources:
- Alphabetics Slides for Teaching
- Conducting a Writing Workshop online
- Create Videos and Google Forms for Vocabulary Instruction
- Google Jamboard for ELA
- Genial.ly in ELA
- Related resources posted by the SABES PD centers for ESOL, Math, and the Program Support for Digital Literacy and Distance Education, including their Padlet of suggestions from the field.
- Resources from OTAN, the CA Outreach and Technical Assistance Network that supports the effective application of technology in adult education.
- WGBH / PBS Learning Media Distance Learning Center: Free; includes include videos, comprehensive lessons, and other activities; PreK-12, adaptable for Adult Education. Example: This comparison of photos of the Chatham Break on Cape Cod is fascinating.
And finally, this thoughtful article from early 2020 is still relevant: Remember, Online Learning Isn't the Only Way to Learn Remotely.
Distance and Blended Learning
SABES English Language Arts Curriculum & Instruction PD Center