Recruiting learners is one of the most difficult tasks of implementing Integrated Education and Training (IET) and IET for Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) programs and it is especially difficult during the pandemic. This webinar will outline key outreach and recruitment strategies that can be used currently and post-pandemic. Ideas for working with partners, including MassHire, and employers will be discussed as well. In addition, we will explore approaches to conducting orientations to your IET/IELCE programs and discuss important considerations for remote assessment. This session will provide opportunities to troubleshoot challenges and share best practice ideas with colleagues.
- New and experienced IET/IELCE directors and instructors who want to work with colleagues to problem-solve challenges in planning and implementing IET/IELCE curricula during the pandemic
- Occupational skills training partners may want to attend with their IET/IELCE team
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Across the country, adult education providers are experiencing challenges with offering services during the pandemic, yet many are finding creative ways to deal with the challenges. Problem-solving is key and this webinar will be structured so that IET and IELCE instructors and partners can work with one another to share ideas of what is working and brainstorm suggestions for addressing problems. This webinar will cover the initial tasks of IET/IELCE implementation—recruitment, orientation, and assessment. Content will focus on online strategies to deal with the current environment, but also have applicability for the future.
This is first session in a series of three. Participants do not have to attend all three webinars, but each will build on the next, so it is recommended that you sign up for all three:
- Session 2: April 23, 2021, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Keeping IET Learners Engaged
- Session 3: May 5, 2021, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Helping IET Learners Make Transitions and Obtain Employment
- April 9, 2021, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. webinar (2 hours)
- Follow up work (.5 hour)
The total time for this PD is 2.5 hours. This is the first session in a series of three. Participants do not have to attend all three webinars, but each will build on the next, so it is recommended that you sign up for all three: Session 2, Session 3.
Note: About one week before the event, registrants will receive a separate email from Ruzica_banovic@worlded.org with instructions on how to access the Zoom session.
- Explore effective recruitment and outreach strategies
- Identify and engage partners who are essential for successful recruitment
- Create an outreach and recruitment plan
- Address assessment challenges and identify ideas for addressing them
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: