Engaging learners is a critical element of instruction. Integrated Education and Training (IET) and IET for Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) instructors are having to use a variety of instructional methods and digital tools to do this successfully during the pandemic. This webinar will feature ways to create online contextualized lessons for IET/IELCE programs, resources for helping learners with digital literacy, and tips for building and maintaining relationships with learners and partners during the pandemic.
- New and experienced IET/IELCE directors and instructors who want to be more strategic in planning and implementing IET/IELCE curricula
- Occupational skills training partners may want to attend with their IET/IELCE team
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
IET and IET for IELCE requires a basic skills or English language instructor to contextualize lessons and integrate instruction with training providers and occupational skills providers. Developing such lessons during the pandemic requires new instructional methods and digital tools. This webinar will give practitioners a template for building an online IET/IELCE lesson, tips and resources for using digital tools successfully, and opportunities to share ideas about what has been working well and ways to address challenges.
This is second session in a series of three. Participants do not have to attend all three webinars, but each will build on the next, so it is recommended that you sign up for all three:
- Session 1: April 9, 2021, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Keeping IET/IELCE Learners Engaged
- Session 3: May 5, 2021, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Helping IET/IELCE Learners Make Transitions and Obtain Employment
- April 23, 2021, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. webinar (2 hours)
- Follow up work (.5 hour)
The total time for this PD is 2.5 hours. This is the second session in a series of three. Participants do not have to attend all three webinars, but each will build on the next, so it is recommended that you sign up for all three: Session 1, Session 3.
Note: About one week before the event, registrants will receive a separate email from Ruzica_banovic@worlded.org with instructions on how to access the Zoom session.
- Use a lesson planning template for online contextualized instruction
- Identify digital tools to use for IET/IELCE lessons
- Identify ways to address challenges engaging learners in IET/IELCE instruction
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: