This self-paced training consists of two videos followed by questions. The first video describes what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, and how to interpret different types of test scores. The second video explains what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes and provides an overview of the ACLS assessment policies. Assessment Basics is available 24/7 and takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
Visit this link to complete the Assessment Basics Self-paced training: https://bit.ly/umass-cea-ab
Completion of Assessment Basics is a pre-requisite for the following trainings:
- TABE CLAS-E Reading Administration and Scoring (Self-paced Modules)
- TABE CLAS-E Writing Administration (Self-paced Modules)
- MAPT-CCR Administration (Self-paced Modules)
- TABE 11/12 Administration and Scoring – Levels E, M, D, and A (Self-paced Modules)
- TABE 11/12 Administration and Scoring – Level L (Self-paced Modules)
- BEST Plus 2.0 (online facilitated)
- TABE CLAS-E Writing Scoring (online facilitated)
Note that the Assessment Basics Self-paced Modules only need to be completed once by each individual, prior to registering for and completing any one or more of the trainings above.
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-545-1184.
- Develop a working knowledge of what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes, and what the ACLS assessment policies are
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: