The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Forms 11/12 administration and scoring training is self-paced and available 24/7. During this training you will learn how to administer and score levels E, M, D, and A of the TABE Forms 11/12.
To become certified to administer and score the TABE Forms 11/12, visit this link: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3QtE1ig2K8bM8AJ
- Practitioners from ACLS-funded programs who require training to accurately administer and score the TABE 11/12 assessment
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This six-module online training takes approximately one hour to complete and replaces the previous face-to-face version of this training. For each module, you will read some information relating to one aspect of the TABE 11/12 administration and scoring procedures, then answer a few questions. The six modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Overview of the TABE system
- Module 2: What to Do Before Administering the TABE 11/12
- Module 3: Administering the Paper-Based Locator Test for First-Time Test Takers
- Module 4: Administering the Paper-Based TABE 11/12 Subtests
- Module 5: Scoring Paper-Based TABE 11/12 Subtests
- Module 6: Administering the TABE 11/12 Online
When you have completed all modules, you will be certified to administer and score the TABE 11/12, and a confirmation page will load. You will also receive an email confirmation that you have completed the training, which you can keep for your records and forward to your program director as needed. ACLS and the Center for Educational Assessment at UMass-Amherst will automatically receive notification that you completed the training, so you will not need to contact either organization.
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at email@example.com or call 413-545-1184.
ACLS recommends that programs maintain at least two certified test administrators for each test the program administers.
- Describe the purpose and components of the TABE 11/12
- Administer, score, and interpret the TABE Locator to determine the correct TABE level (among levels E through A) to give a learner
- Administer, score, and interpret results from the TABE 11/12
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Assessment Basics webinar: This webinar-based training consists of two videos followed by questions. The first video describes what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, and how to interpret different types of test scores. The second video explains what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes and provides an overview of the ACLS assessment policies. Assessment Basics is available 24/7 and takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
You must complete this webinar before starting the TABE 11/12 Administration online training.