In this session for intermediate users of Google Classroom, participants will learn five of the most useful features to more effectively manage and teach their ESOL classes. Included will be detailed explorations of tools for communicating with students, posting assignments, and providing comments and feedback on student work.
- You will need to have access to a Gmail account for this training. If you do not currently have a Google account you can create one for free (https://www.google.com). A personal Google account is usually required to join / create classes on this platform.
- These sessions will be offered via Zoom. Although Zoom is mobile-friendly, you will greatly enhance your experience by participating on a laptop or desktop computer.
Please note: You will access Zoom and other support materials via Blackboard. You cannot access this online course through the SABES website. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College 1-2 days before the course begins with instructions on how to access the Blackboard course and Zoom session. If you do not receive these instructions, please check your Spam folder and/or email email@example.com
- Teachers of adult ESOL learners of any level
- ESOL teachers with intermediate experience using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Forms, and Classroom)
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Google Classroom is a free and easy-to-use platform that allows teachers to efficiently organize and manage lessons and materials, while staying in communication with students and providing timely feedback on assignments, all in one place.
In this session, we will take a more in-depth look at five Google Classroom features that will enhance the learning experience for English learners, as well as the teaching experience for ESOL instructors, in both remote and in-person classes. These features allow teachers to:
- Make announcements to class
- Publish assignments
- Organize materials
- Give feedback, score and return student work
- Integrate activities from other websites
- Create and customize class announcements
- Create, upload, publish assignments, and organize materials to best fit your needs and teaching style
- Identify different ways to send comments, provide feedback and return student work
- Share activities created in other apps / websites
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Basic understanding and use of Google Classroom and other Google Apps such as Docs, Forms, and Drive