Explore how to access and interpret the CCRSAE-aligned MAPT Reading Score Reports to better understand your learners’ instructional needs, and collaboratively develop strategies for discussing MAPT results with your learners.
This is the first of a series of joint webinars between the SABES ELA C&I PD Center and the UMass Center for Educational Assessment.
The MAPT-CCR is the required assessment for most ABE learners in Massachusetts. As a teacher, how do you share MAPT results with students and what implications can you draw from the assessment to inform instruction?
In this first of a series of webinars, learn how the MAPT-CCR Reading assessment is aligned to the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE). Explore how to access and interpret MAPT Reading Score Reports to better understand your learners’ instructional needs, and collaboratively develop strategies for discussing MAPT results with your learners.
The next MAPT-CCR Reading webinar, scheduled for January 2022, will focus on class-level MAPT results and implications for teaching and talking about tests with learners.
Please note: You cannot access this online course from the SABES website. You will receive an email 1–2 days before the start date with instructions on how to access the course.
- Describe how the MAPT Reading assessment is aligned to the ELA CCRSAE
- Explain the connection between the CCRSAE, the MAPT assessment, and instruction
- Interpret individual MAPT Reading score reports and analyze their implications for instruction
- Determine comprehension instructional levels using MAPT Reading results
- Develop strategies for discussing MAPT Reading results with your learners
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: