The Educator Growth and Effectiveness (EGE) model is a flexible, teacher-centered process supported by ACLS and SABES to improve teachers’ professional practice and help them become as effective as possible at helping students achieve their academic, career, and life goals.
This one-hour informational session will provide an overview of the EGE model, some considerations and options for implementing it, and the PD support the Program Support PD Center will provide, which has been revised, streamlined, and customized for each EGE role: team leaders/directors, teachers, and coaches.
In addition, representatives from the SABES Math, ELA, and ESOL Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers will discuss the content-specific coaching and other PD supports they have in place to support your EGE efforts.
Please join us to learn more, ask questions, and discover how EGE can help your program, teachers, and students.
For more information, please contact SABES Program Support PD Center Director Luanne Teller at Luanne_Teller@worlded.org.
- Program staff teams interested in adopting an evidence-based model for educator professional growth
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
The ACLS Indicator of Program Quality (IPQ) 4 requires programs to "improve teaching and learning" by supporting instruction that is "grounded in research- and evidence-based practices..."
To support this goal, SABES and ACLS have collaborated to develop a flexible EGE model that can be adapted to reflect individual staff needs and program realities.
Participants in EGE will experience many benefits, and one of the primary ones is access to free, customized coaching that supports teachers throughout the process of identifying and working toward a professional learning goal that will strengthen their practice.
SABES content coaches are available to work one-on-one or with cohorts of teachers. They can help busy teachers by providing consistent, ongoing support to ensure that their time is focused and productive.
For example, coaches could:
- Assist teachers in prioritizing a meaningful professional learning goal that is intended to ultimately benefit their learners
- Help a team of teachers adopt new standards or a new program initiative
- Work with individual teachers to make connections across PD and integrate their learning into practice
- Observe and provide helpful feedback to teachers
- Be observed by teachers to demonstrate what standards-based teaching related to the teacher's goal looks like in practice
EGE is intended to be an on-ramp for individual professional growth that leads to improved student outcomes. Each program will determine for itself how small or large EGE can and should be.
This informational session will help you to understand the model, considerations for implementing it, and its potential for improving teacher practice and student outcomes.
Identify the six steps of the EGE Cycle and why ACLS and SABES support this model for professional growth and effectiveness
- Eplain at least three considerations and options for implementing EGE
- Describe at least three benefits of adopting EGE
- Be aware of and access the PD support and coaching for EGE that each of the SABES PD Centers will provide
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: