Use the Newsela Massachusetts Custom Collection to navigate hybrid learning, connecting instruction with resources to support flexible teaching and learning.
- Teachers and tutors of adults reading at GLE 3–12
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
SABES and Newsela are partnering to provide five online trainings this year, supporting practitioners in using the statewide license available to ACLS-funded programs. Training #4 is Hybrid Instruction and the Newsela–Massachusetts Custom Collection.
This fourth training will explore:
- The custom collections that Newsela has created for the Massachusetts adult education field
- Providing optimal learning with student choice
- Building an assignment
- Improving student collaboration in a hybrid setting
- Asynchronous learning options
►Register directly for Hybrid Instruction and the Newsela–Massachusetts Custom Collection.
Please register using the same agency email used for your Newsela account, so that your PD hours may be counted for LACES.
Please note: You cannot access this online session from the SABES website.
⇒ For more information, visit our SABES–Newsela page.
- Navigate the resource collections that Newsela has created for the Massachusetts adult education field
- Improve student collaboration in a hybrid setting
- Choose asynchronous learning options
- Build an assignment and provide for student choice
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Set up a Newsela account using either one of these methods at newsela.com:
- If you have a Gmail or Microsoft email address provided by the institution where you work, log in using that agency Gmail or Microsoft address
- Create a username and password using your agency email
Any program that wishes to use Newsela but has difficulty creating accounts should contact Paula Jurigian, ACLS Distance Education and Digital Literacy Specialist, at email@example.com.