The Massachusetts Adult Proficiency Test - College and Career Readiness (MAPT-CCR) for reading and mathematics administration training is self-paced and available 24/7. During this training you will learn how to administer both the reading and mathematics assessments of the MAPT-CCR so that students’ learning gains are reported accurately.
To become certified to administer the MAPT-CCR for reading and mathematics, visit this link: https://bit.ly/umass-cea-maptccr-admin
- Practitioners from ACLS-funded programs who require training to accurately administer both the reading and mathematics MAPT-CCR assessments
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This seven-module online training takes approximately one hour to complete and replaces the face-to-face version of the MAPT-CCR Administration Training. For each module, you will read some information relating to one aspect of the MAPT-CCR and administration procedures. The seven modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Background on the MAPT-CCR, What It Measures, and How it Works
- Module 2: The Components of the MAPT-CCR
- Module 3: Getting Ready with the OWL System and the MAPT-CCR
- Module 4: Student Login Steps
- Module 5: Sample Questions and Practice Tests
- Module 6: Administration of the MAPT-CCR for Reading and the MAPT-CCR for Math
- Module 7: MAPT-CCR Results: Interpreting and Using MAPT Test Scores
When you have completed all modules, you will be certified to administer the MAPT-CCR, and a confirmation page will load. You will also receive an email confirmation that you have completed the training, which you can keep for your records and forward to your program director as needed. ACLS and the Center for Educational Assessment at UMass-Amherst will automatically receive notification that you completed the training, so you will not need to contact either organization.
MAPT-CCR Policy Information:
For information on ACLS policies regarding the MAPT-CCR, see the ACLS Assessment webpage: http://www.doe.mass.edu/acls/assessment/
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at email@example.com or call 413-545-1184.
ACLS recommends that programs maintain at least two certified test administrators for each test the program administers.
- Understand the basics of standardized assessment
- Accurately administer the MAPT-CCR assessments for both reading and mathematics
- Understand the importance of the MAPT-CCR sample and practice questions
- Interpret MAPT-CCR scores
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Assessment Basics webinar: This webinar-based training consists of two videos followed by questions. The first video describes what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, and how to interpret different types of test scores. The second video explains what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes and provides an overview of the ACLS assessment policies. Assessment Basics is available 24/7 and takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
You must complete this webinar before starting the MAPT-CCR Administration online training.