Join us for a blended PD opportunity to view the June 16th SABES PS PDC Getting Started with Northstar session video asynchronously, followed by an online meeting where we will give a brief overview of the video and answer your questions.
- Programs/administrators/instructors using, or who plan to use, the Northstar Digital Literacy resource
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
If you missed the Getting Started with Northstar workshop on June 16th with Theresa Sladek from Northstar, or would like to review it again, join us for this blended PD opportunity. Participants will view the Getting Started with Northstar workshop video on their own before an online meeting with Diana Satin where she will review the salient points of the June training and answer your questions. In the Getting Started with Northstar session, Theresa shows you how to create learner accounts, set up in-person and remote proctoring for assessments, run reports, access and use both the in-person and remote learning curricula, and find and use the Other Resources section on the Northstar Platform.
Please watch the Getting Started with Northstar video before joining the online meeting. The recording is 1.5 hours. The video and the Zoom links will be sent with your registration confirmation by Kathleen O'Connell or Jane Brandt at least a week before the online meeting.
Diana is offering another blended opportunity on August 18th to view, or review, Introduction to Northstar Digital Literacy (from June 9th), to learn about the Northstar Digital Literacy platform features including the standards, curriculum, self-directed online learning, and reporting features.
Additional live workshops with Theresa Sladek will be offered in September and October.
For questions about this and other Northstar sessions, please contact Kathleen O’Connell at email@example.com
- Get your program started using the Northstar Digital Literacy platform features including creating learner accounts, proctoring assessments, using the curricula, and finding other resources on the platform
- Make a plan for using Northstar digital literacy assessment, instruction, and reporting in your program
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Please watch the Getting Started with Northstar video before joining the online meeting.
The recording is 1.5 hours. The video and the Zoom links will be sent with your registration confirmation by Kathleen O'Connell or Jane Brandt at least a week before the online meeting.
Please note: ACLS has purchased a state license for Northstar Digital Literacy, which means that now students and teachers in all ACLS-funded programs can benefit from Northstar assessments, curriculum, training, and certificates. All you need to do is complete two easy steps:
1. Get a site license by completing this Request Form.
2. Join us for a Northstar training to learn what the paid/licensed Northstar platform has to offer programs, teachers, and students. (Note: This is significantly more than what the “free access” offers.)