Yes, there are ways you can assess the digital literacy skills of your beginning English language learners! During this webinar, you will learn about teacher-tested tools and approaches you can use right now and when planning your program’s next new student intake event.
With students’ assessment information, you can:
- Understand their needs before class starts to inform teacher and program planning and to ensure equitable and high-quality experiences.
- Work with them to set digital literacy goals.
- Document skill development so they, and you, can celebrate their progress.
If your program has successful practices, we would love to hear about them! We also want to know what your questions about this topic are. Post both to our discussion board by 11/6 to inform our discussion.
- Teachers, digital literacy support staff, program leaders, and anyone at any level of experience in this topic working with students with beginner level English
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
In a combination of discussion and experiential activities, you will explore assessment tools and approaches that can help you and your beginner English language learners gain an understanding of their digital literacy skills.
For more information, contact Diana Satin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several days before the event, Jane Brandt at email@example.com will send you an email with the Zoom link.
This session is one in a series of Digital Literacy Tools with a Purpose workshops designed to help teachers and other staff identify and use technology resources and tools for specific purposes. Other events in this series include:
- Digital Literacy Tools With a Purpose: Getting Discounted Connectivity, Devices, and Assistive Equipment for Students, Staff, and Programs: October 27, 2023, 1:30–3:30 p.m.
- Digital Literacy Tools With a Purpose: Recruitment Through Orientation: December 11, 2023, 2–3:30 p.m.
- Digital Literacy Tools With a Purpose: Advising for Career Planning & Job Search: January 19, 2024 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
If you’re interested in digital literacy, be sure to check out our Digital Literacy Discussion from the SABES Program Support PD Center.
To receive alerts for similar events, make sure you’re signed up for notifications. Sign into your SABES account, click the “My Account” tab, select the “My Notifications” tab, and check off "Program Support- Digital Literacy."
- Evaluate tools and approaches for assessing the digital literacy skills of students with beginner level English
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: