There is a lot that goes into developing a successful MassSTEP curriculum. The idea is to seamlessly integrate and contextualize academic skills, workforce preparation activities, and workforce training into a curriculum that meets student (and employer) needs. Some find that easier said than done! This two-part series has been designed to provide your program with some curriculum strategies and examples, and the targeted coaching meets you where you are to help you improve your curriculum approach.
This session is appropriate for all MassSTEP team members who play a role in planning, developing, and implementing a MassSTEP program curriculum.
Any MassSTEP team member who plays a role in planning, developing, or improving the MassSTEP curriculum.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
The integrated curriculum is the key to ensuring that our MassSTEP program addresses and integrates the three required components of the program. Even more specifically, writing SSLOs is a process that reminds us that curriculum development is a collaborative process.
Based on requests from current MassSTEP programs, this interactive session will guide your team through a process of assessing and improving your MassSTEP curriculum. We have designed this process to be responsive to your program’s needs:
- Session 1: We will share tools and approaches for developing or improving a MassSTEP curriculum through the creation of a Single Set of Learning Objectives (SSLOs).
- Coaching: During a follow-up coaching call, we will respond to your specific questions and needs. One-hour coaching call: February 13th through February 22nd 2024
- Session 2: The wrap-up webinar will be a chance to share your learnings, ask questions, and receive additional resources to support your ongoing curriculum development and implementation.
Several days before the event, Jane Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org will send you an email with the Zoom link.
Note: This session is part of a cohort-based MassSTEP PD series.
- Session 1: MassSTEP: Reflect, Plan, Improve
- Session 2: Identifying, Assessing, and Sustaining MassSTEP Partnerships
- Session 3: Develop a Stellar MassSTEP Curriculum
Attendance at all sessions is strongly encouraged. Please plan to have at least two staff members attending from your MassSTEP program.
To receive alerts for events related to career pathways, make sure you’re signed up for notifications. Sign into your SABES account, click the “My Account” tab, select the “My Notifications” tab, and check off Program Support - Career Pathways.
- Articulate the role of partnerships in providing the essential resources and supports for program and learner success
Apply the seven essential elements of successful partnerships to current and prospective MassSTEP partnerships
Assess MassSTEP partnerships to identify areas of growth and areas for improvement
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: