SABES, the Massachusetts adult education (AE) professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registrations, resources, AE job board, video development, and SABES promotion
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner organizations resources and events
What's New at SABES
In this 2.5-hour facilitated session, explore and discuss tools, strategies, and resources for teaching about global climate change. The session will focus on the units of measurement for temperature...
During this workshop, you will be introduced to the BeCALM Division Concepts materials and will hear recommendations for their use from the pilot teacher. You will explore some of the math content in...
We are excited to welcome Northstar expert, Theresa Sladek, to present this second workshop to get you started using the many features of the paid version of the Northstar Digital Literacy platform...
We are excited to welcome Northstar expert Theresa Sladek to present this first of two workshops to introduce the many features of the paid version of the Northstar Digital Literacy platform. In this...
Check Out the SABES Calendar of Events
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
The Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline
Looking for an Adult Education job in Massachusetts?
Search available jobs or post openings.