STAR teachers: Refresh your knowledge of the proven research-based and evidence-based reading instruction (EBRI) strategies for teaching and learning vocabulary that will positively impact the reading outcomes of your adult learners. This two-hour session will include how to teach these strategies remotely with fidelity to the STAR model.
Note: This was rescheduled from its original date of April 5th.
- Teachers who have completed the STAR training
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This training will serve as a review of the STAR EBRI strategies for vocabulary, as well as a review of how to teach these strategies through explicit instruction, both remotely and in person:
- Quadrant Chart
- Fill in the Blanks
- Who Needs to Know This Word?
- Yes, No, Why?
- Sentence Completion
- Read and Respond
- Explain EBRI strategies for vocabulary
- Describe explicit instruction in the context of EBRI vocabulary strategies
- Determine how to teach EBRI vocabulary strategies remotely or in person
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: