We welcome both new and experienced volunteer coordinators—and others in adult education programs who work with volunteers— to join this facilitated sharing and learning group meeting. In this session, we will focus on ideas and resources for showing appreciation and thanks with an eye towards community-building and retention.
We will also set aside time to discuss the issues and questions you bring.
New and experienced volunteer coordinators and others in adult education programs who work with volunteers
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
We will begin our discussion with a general check in before digging into ideas and best practices for volunteer appreciation. There will be time for small group discussions throughout the meeting. Some questions we may consider:
- What do we hope to accomplish by thanking volunteers? How do we align our appreciation efforts with our goals?
- What appreciation efforts have been well-received by volunteers in the past?
- What ideas do you have for virtual or long-distance appreciation efforts?
- How do you keep appreciation efforts feeling new and exciting? How do you make them feel personal?
- How do you engage students and staff in volunteer appreciation?
How to join: This session is being offered via Zoom. After you register, Ruzica Banovic (email@example.com) will confirm your registration and send you the link to join the session several days prior to the event.