Are you interested in learning how Google Drive and Google Docs can help you organize and structure your ESOL classes, communicate with your students, and model digital literacy skills? In this interactive Zoom session, we will explore how to use basic features of Google Drive and Docs, such as creating folders, creating documents from templates and from scratch, and setting editing privileges for learners. You will also learn how to teach English learners to use these features to organize, create, and communicate information.
- Teachers of adult English learners of any proficiency level
- ESOL teachers who are new to using Google Drive and Docs
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Google Drive and Google Docs can help you organize your ESOL classes, communicate with students, and model digital skills. In this interactive 2-hour Zoom session, you will learn some practical ways to integrate Google Drive and Docs into remote (synchronous and asynchronous) and in-person ESOL instruction. We will explore how to use basic features of these Google applications when leading a class, facilitating small group discussions, or tutoring one-on-one. The presenter will also model ways to teach English learners how to use the applications and develop their digital literacy skills by:
- Creating class folders in Google Drive to organize materials and information
- Accessing the Google Docs Blank Document and Template Gallery options to create documents from scratch and from templates
- Setting, modifying, and sharing editing privileges to collaborate with others
- Using the Comments and Chat features in Google Drive to communicate with others
- You will need to have access to a Gmail account for this training. If you do not currently have a Google account, you can create one free of charge. (https://www.google.com)
- Although Zoom is mobile-friendly, you will greatly enhance your experience by participating from a laptop or desktop computer.
- Use the basic features of Google Drive and Docs to organize, create, and communicate class materials (for both synchronous and asynchronous teaching)
- Lead English learners through basic features of Google Drive and Docs so that they will be able to organize, create, communicate, and collaborate on information
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: