Whether you are teaching ESOL in person, remotely, or in a hybrid class, this introductory session will help you use Google Forms to foster student interaction, assess learning, and increase learners’ digital literacy and language skills.
- Teachers of adult English learners of any proficiency level
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
As we provide distance learning and blended models of instruction, it is important to continue to offer a variety of opportunities for student interaction and to measure learning gains. We also want to make use of technology to enhance learners’ digital literacy skills. Google Forms is a free application that can help us achieve all these goals. The versatility of Google Forms allows us to create student surveys, interactive worksheets with different question types and multimedia elements, invitations and event RSVPs, exit tickets, and graded quizzes, among many other learning and assessment materials. Learners can use Google Forms to collect and evaluate information and communicate with classmates.
During this 2-hour Zoom session, we will explore some of the foundational features of Google Forms for both teachers and learners in synchronous and asynchronous remote classrooms:
- Creating and responding to forms from templates or a blank quiz from scratch
- Adding and deleting items (questions and fields) in a form
- Adding titles and multimedia elements (images; video) to questions
- Formatting questions and changing question settings
- "Adding collaborators" vs. "Send" features
The presenter will model, and participants will practice, using these features from both the teacher’s and learner’s perspectives.
- You will need to have access to a Gmail account for this training. If you do not currently have a Google account, you can create one for free here: https://www.google.com
- This session will be delivered via Zoom. Although Zoom is mobile-friendly, you will greatly enhance your experience by participating from a laptop or desktop computer.
- We will email you a Zoom link a few days before the session.
- Use Google Forms to create interactive activities through which English learners can collect, communicate, and assess information
- Create, edit, and submit quizzes and surveys using the Google Forms with English learners at any proficiency level
- Explain Google Form features to English learners so that they are able to engage with the technology to participate in class activities, answer questions, and self-assess
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: