This meeting gives an opportunity for motivational interviewing (MI) users to practice their craft under the guidance and supervision of an experienced practitioner. You are welcome to bring topics that stem from your practice.
Note: You must have completed recent (within the last four years) basic MI training to participate in this Circle of Practice.
- Workforce development and adult education staff who practice motivational interviewing in their work
- Staff who have recently (within the last four years) completed basic MI training
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This meeting consists of two parts: practice and discussion. We will start with a 60-minute practice and coaching in motivational interviewing. We will end with a 30-minute discussion on sticky points, tough situations, and related interventions.
The first 30 minutes of the meeting will be devoted to a refresher of the basic principles.
You must have recently completed (within the last four years) a basic MI training to participate in this Circle of Practice.
Several days before the event, Jane Brandt at email@example.com will send you an email with the Zoom link.
- Improve your motivational interviewing skills
- Analyze your own practice
- Define new ways to implement MI skills in your work
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Participants must have recently completed (within the last four years) basic motivational interviewing training.