Wondering what Google Drive is and how it can simplify organizing and sharing files with students and coworkers? Want to make activities involving document collaboration easier for your in-person and remote classes?
Join this workshop either in person or online to learn the basics of Google Drive and Google Docs. You will learn how to:
- Create folders in Drive to organize documents.
- Create new documents and use templates.
- Exchange comments with students or colleagues.
- Locate accessibility settings including voice typing, screen magnifier, and screen readers.
You can share the instructions from this workshop with students to help them build their digital literacy skills and organize their own classwork and personal files, help their children with homework, and collaborate with colleagues at work.
What are your goals for participating in this workshop? What questions would you like answered? Help us tailor this workshop by posting your goals and questions to our discussion board by 2/16.
You can choose the way you would like to attend this workshop. Both will take place at the same time.
- Attend in person in Boston to receive hands-on support. (JSI, 44 Farnsworth St.)
- Attend online via Zoom to receive online support.
IMPORTANT: Please click to submit a form letting us know your choice.
- Teachers, advisors, office staff, directors, and anyone new to using Google Drive and Docs
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This two-hour, in-person or online interactive workshop is for anyone new to Google Drive and Google Docs. You will come away able to:
- Create folders in Google Drive.
- Use Google Docs to create documents from scratch and from a template.
- Set sharing and editing privileges in Google Docs.
- Use the Comments feature in Google Docs.
- Locate accessibility settings such as voice typing, screen magnifier, and screen readers.
- Support students learning how to use Drive and Docs for their own goals.
- You need to have a personal Gmail account for this workshop. If you do not have one, you can create one free of charge: create new account; instructions.
- If you are attending in person, please bring your own device. We suggest bringing a laptop if you have one. If it is a program laptop, be sure you are able to sign in to use it.
Questions? Contact Diana Satin at email@example.com.
Several days before the event, Jane Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org will send you an email with the Zoom link.
*To ensure that you receive information about your training, please save email@example.com to your email address book.*
>> Join us for our other workshops:
- Create class folders in Google Drive
- Use Google Docs to create documents from scratch and from a template
- Set sharing and editing privileges in Google Docs
- Use the Comments feature in Google Docs
- Locate accessibility settings such as voice typing, screen magnifier, and screen reader
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: