EBRI PD in 2022-23
Learn how to support your students at all grade level equivalents (GLEs) with Evidence-Based Reading Instruction (EBRI) tools and strategies through the following PD opportunities. Need the big picture? Read To the Point: WIOA, EBRI, and STAR. Want some details? Read more about EBRI.
* * * * *
STAR PD—For practitioners teaching or supporting a STAR class (targeted to GLE 4–8)
STAR training takes place over several months and includes self-paced online modules, live webinars, and an online community of practice. Participation in STAR includes coaching and technical assistance. STAR registrants who are only teaching GLE 4–8 do not need to enroll in other EBRI PD.
* * * * *
For those teaching outside of the STAR GLE range, or for STAR-trained practitioners who wish to extend their range to other GLEs, the following PD is available.
EBRI PD for practitioners of ALL LEVELS:
- Overview of Evidence-Based Reading Instruction (Online self-paced; prerequisite for other EBRI PD)—read the October calendar posting; check ELA Events for repeat offerings
- Introduction to Diagnostic Assessment of Reading (Online self-paced overview of the importance of diagnostic assessment and how it informs reading instruction)—read the September calendar posting; check ELA Events for repeat offerings
- Diagnostic Assessments of Reading (Online blended course for those who will be administering diagnostic assessments)
- Remotely Administer Diagnostic Reading Assessments (Online facilitated; for those who have already completed Diagnostic Assessments of Reading, or completed STAR training)
- Alphabetics (Online self-paced)
- Fluency (Online facilitated)
Intermediate to Advanced Readers:
- Teaching Academic (Tier 2) Vocabulary (Online facilitated)—read the October-November calendar posting; check ELA Events for repeat offerings
- Words Matter: Teaching Content Vocabulary to ABE and ASE Learners (Online facilitated)—read the December calendar posting; check ELA Events for repeat offerings
- Reading Comprehension in the ASE Classroom (Online facilitated)
* * * * *
EBRI Coaching: Ask the ELA C&I PD Center about working with an EBRI coach for post-PD implementation support.